Well, hello there new year, what’s occurring? Whatever it is, please don’t let it be a repeat of last year’s epic b*ll*cks. Thanks ever so much, old chap.
So……. we’re almost a week in and I haven’t bothered to promise to do anything, because I’ve finally made my peace with the fact that I have absolutely no self discipline. I forgot that I usually participate in Dry January and had a lovely boozy lunch in Girona on Tuesday. I’ve watched a couple of Bodycoach workouts, you know, for inspiration – while finishing off all the Christmas treats left in the house (in the first twenty-four hours after returning from Blighty).
As for the rest of the world at large, if I had religion I’d pray for the following:
- Trump gets found out and impeached for whatever shady dealings he’s getting away with at the moment
- Nothing terrible happens in the USA
- The U.K. and the EU kiss and make up and vow not to speak of the bump in the road, again
- Nothing terrible happens in the UK
- Facts and science are once again given credence over vitriolic bullshit
- People stop being so bloody angry at the things that don’t matter, and direct their emotions into the things that do
- Katy Hopkins and Nigel Farage (and all their ilk), take a ‘well-earned break’ which they enjoy so much, they decide never to come back; and disappear into obscurity
- George Clooney announced his plans to run for the US presidency in 2020
- Brangelina get back together and restore our faith in the existence of love (pah!)
Failing all of the above, I at least choose to be a nicer person. In light of the last year’s crashing deluge of global hatred and stupidity, I’d like to exercise logic and kindness whenever and however I can.
This, at the very least, I know I can manage.