Without a word of a lie, I know instinctively when there’s a full moon, because I come over all impish and mischievious and plan shenanigans. Having said that however, I still haven’t learnt that one should plan said shenanigans to coincide with when the next full moon is, in order to maintain the levels of enthusiasm needed for all the naughtiness and mischief. I really should have grasped that by now.
Post full-moon days are an emotional come-down on the scale of a three day hangover. (Which in this particular case, could actually be a real hangover considering the number of vermouths that were consumed yesterday.)
Spring has sprung in Barcelona and fuelled by the aforementioned Vermouth-the traditional local tipple, and sunshine and naughty girlie chatter yesterday, we filled our respective diaries full of weekends until mid-April. These included various birthdays-including my own, parties and sporting events (Crabbies Grand National = excuse to drink in the day/win pennies). So in the words of the great sooth sayer, Colonel John ‘Hannibal’ Smith, A-Team, “I love it when a plan comes together.”
And talking of excellent plans coming together, inspired by the recent, beautiful viral video, ‘First Kiss’, above, a couple of us plan to stage our own version of this, with super-professional props that include:
- 1 x posh camera (for authenticity)
- 1 x clipboard covered in important looking papers (for ‘official’ appearance)
- 1 x night vision goggles
- 1 x comprehensive list of first kisses we’d like to share – firemen, lawyers, betwen 25-35 year olds (not too pervy), millionaires, ‘after dark’ and other variations on a theme.
- 1 x list of venues to encounter these perfect video ‘participants’ – firestations, law courts (bars near law courts), Club Magic, the casino down at the Marina, bushes with lurkability at aproximately 3-4am on a Sunday morning
- Between 150-200 disclaimer forms (you can never be too careful)
Aaahhhh, the heady days of Spring, what delights you will bring! Starting on the evening of Wednesday 19th March, the eve of the Spring Equinox. What a quite excellent day to have a birthday.
Roll on the Easter break…….. only four weeks to go. Happy Springtime everybody. Whoop. (jumps up , clicks heels together in the manner of Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins)